Why a Dad's Club?
The Gecko Dad Corps is Green Elementary’s supportive group of volunteer fathers! Research has shown that children perform better on standardized intelligence tests, earn better grades, have more positive attitudes about school, and report higher self-esteem when dads (and moms!), or other positive role-models actively participate in their education. Plus, there are some pretty handy and cool dads at this school, and we should get to know each other a little better and build a strong community.
How Do I Get Involved?
So that we can get a better idea of your interest level, skills, and hobbies, please complete this QUESTIONNAIRE and this SURVEY. Once complete, return both to the Green Elementary School front office. We’ll gladly add your information to our email list and notify you of upcoming Gecko Dad meetings, events, projects, and activities. Visit GeckoDads.org for more information.
Gecko Dad Corps (GDC) Goals
- To Enhance the School Grounds and to generally Fix or Build stuff.
- To Sponsor and Support Fundraising Events
- To Create and Increase more Opportunities for Dads to get More Involved.
- To Provide a Forum to Share Ideas.
- To Provide a Social Outlet for Fathers (basically fancy phrasing for “Guys Night Out”)
Yearly GDC Events
- First GDC meeting of School Year on Tuesday September 19th 7:00pm at KNB in Del Cerro. All GDC Meetings after that date will be on the second Tuesday of each month 7:00pm at KNB in Del Cerro.
- Annual Family Camp Out
- Annual Family Rocket Launch
- Dads Annual Dodge Ball Classic Tournament